Election Reaction

ENN Staff, Taylor O'Connor, and Kate Lawless

In the early morning hours on November 9th, Donald Trump secured the 270 electoral votes he needed to become the President of the United States. After many months of controversial campaigning done by Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and President Elect Donald Trump, the election result both shocked and relieved many Americans. This result matched our Totino-Grace election results, which were posted on ENN yesterday.

TG students and staff are experiencing a wide variety of emotions.

I think America made the right decision. His ideas are going to help change this country and return it to its great form. I believe Donald Trump has aspirations and dreams to make our country great again. I expect there to be a major change in the way this country is run. The economy will be run more efficiently.”

— Sam Hanson

Pullquote Photo

I felt devastated. I expect broken promises with him taking his words back. I see more hatred and fueled anger. That’s why some people were voting for him. People agreed with how he was doing this, and now I believe there will be more in the U.S.”

— Amira Lateef

After 8 years of Obama, the light at the end of the tunnel is finally here as Donald Trump will be our new president.”

— Nick Scovil

I’m a little nervous about Trump because he is short tempered and a hot head. I don’t like Trump, but I like him more than Hillary. If I could vote, I would have voted for Donald Trump. Business in the United States will improve.”

— Spencer Krech

I feel as if America is going to be great again!”

— Will Jaeger

I felt disgusted and embarrassed to be an American. I feel horrible as a privileged white woman and can’t imagine how violated and scared all women, blacks, Muslims, Latinos and other minorities are. I could not be more disappointed. I expect white supremacy and for the U.S. to take many steps back from the developments we’ve made. I expect to be a country who is laughed at.”

— Izzy Benson

Pullquote Photo

I think Trump will be a fine president, so would Hillary. Not much will change; they won’t do as much as people think they will.”

— Ryan Hall

I felt as though the country has finally proven itself to be an oligarchy of white males. While surprising, I believe that this racism, hatred, and bigotry had been stirring in America for a very long time. Trump was just a catalyst to the explosion of hatred in the USA. It is surprising, yes, but we are now forced to see the consequences of our decision. Finally we see what America is truly about, and what it always was about. Racism-sexism-hatred-profit- and power.

— Owen Schultz

Man…I don’t know. Trump…I don’t know. Hillary…I don’t know. Wish there was a third option. There’s gonna be a shift in how our country runs now with Hillary not winning. I’m speechless!”

— Martin Ngaima

It is alarming to know that about half of American voters are willing to accept the racism and misogyny displayed by Donald Trump. While most of these voters do not support his racist and misogynist comments, they are willing to accept them, which seems contradictory to the American way. I am expecting a government dominated by a single party, the Republican Party. I don’t think having all the government run by one party and group of thinkers is healthy.

— Nathan Eichten

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Election Reaction”

1. Zach Jezierski on November 9th, 2016 9:59 am

Great to see both parties being represented well in this article!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Reply]

2. Kyle Halverson on November 9th, 2016 1:27 pm

“I think Donald Trump will make a great president. It will be good to see that finally we will have a president that won’t allow our government to give government handouts to every person who asks. The person who has worked hard for everything they have will finally be respected and get rewarded for their hard work. Yes, Donald Trump has said some things I do not agree with. The same can be said for Hillary Clinton. There is no trust with her whatsoever, there has been continuous lies and cover-ups from her and her campaign.”
    -Kyle Halverson

[Reply]

3. Jack Krieger on November 14th, 2016 12:06 pm

I didn’t agree with Joe Maddon’s decision to use Aroldis Chapman in an extended capacity to close out game 6 when the Cubs had a sizeable lead.

Also, Trump is going to be a great president. I never lost confidence that he would win. When you looked at his rallies compared to Hillary Clinton’s, it was obvious. There was no enthusiasm around her, even from her own party. I hope to never hear Hillary’s name again.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Election Reaction

A&E

Chance the Rapper

• Election Reaction

Showcase

Mysterious Celebrity Deaths

• Election Reaction

Opinion

Popular Books to Read this Fall

• Election Reaction

News

New Homeroom Rule Implanted At TG

• Election Reaction

A&E

Changes of Seasons

• Election Reaction

Showcase

Fishing Club

• Election Reaction

Fall Sports

Totino-Grace Boys Soccer Postseason Preview

• Election Reaction

News

Windowless

• Election Reaction

A&E

New York Fashion Week 2017

• Election Reaction

News

Nick Carroll: The New Head Boys Basketball Coach

The student news site of Totino-Grace High School
Election Reaction