Jesuit Excellence Tour

Conner Samson, Editor

On Monday, September 26th, fifteen Jesuit colleges and universities from around the country will meet with Totino-Grace juniors to present to them about the Jesuit education and experience.

The Jesuit Excellence Tour (JET) will be meeting with the juniors during period 3 immediately after convocation. Juniors will get an opportunity to meet representatives from some of the Jesuit schools, and get a feel for the Jesuit experience.

The fifteen colleges and universities that will be attending JET are: Creighton University, Fairfield University, Fordham University, John Carroll University, Loyola Marymount University, Loyola University Chicago, Loyola University New Orleans, Marquette University, Regis University, Rockhurst University, Saint Louis University, University of Detroit Mercy, University of San Francisco, Wheeling Jesuit University and Xavier University.

Ms. Michels, the Director of College and Career Planning at Totino-Grace, expressed her excitement about the tour. She highlighted how Jesuit schools are known for their high academic quality and preparation for careers.

As many may know, these are not all of the Jesuit schools available around the country, however, the tour’s list of schools was pre-constructed. Ms. Michels believes the schools presenting display an array of states across the country, as well as showcase a variety of different majors which each specialize in. A mini college fair promoting each college will follow the presentation. This will allow students to have any follow up questions answered.

This is the second year that JET will be presenting at Totino-Grace.  TG is taking more initiative to put themselves on the radar with colleges around the country for the students’ benefit.

Below is a link which will direct you to the Jesuit Excellence Tour’s page, which talks more about the tour and displays more Jesuit colleges. If you haven’t given college much thought yet, take a look at the JET’s page for more information on potential colleges you may be interested in!

JET Colleges