Pops Concert

Matt Dallmann, Contributor

Pops Concert is where all the choirs sing and dance like the show choirs. The concert was on Friday May 20. There is always a theme to the Pop Concerts every year. The theme this year was British Invasion and The American Revolution.

The first to perform of the night was Chorale. Chorale is a group of freshman and sophomores. They rehearse in choir class during the school day. They sang and danced “What Makes You Beautiful”, “Pinball Wizard”, “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down”, “Do Wah Diddy Diddy”, “Crocodile Rock”, and “Saturday Night’s Alright.” The songs were choreographed by Amy Infanzon, Claire Hokanson, Roberta Kennedy, Brooke Garber, Jessica Hegele, Carter Djam, Matt Sovereign, Marie Delage, Sarah Schirck, Monica Peterson, Owen Schultz, Megan Richardson, Erin Stehler, Lizzy Pouliot and Chrissy Bruggeman.

After Chorale Seniors Kelli Richardson and Rachel Schick sang “You and I”, and after them Ann Smisek sang “Lost Boy.”

Next up was Cantabile. Cantabile is a also a group of freshman and sophomores that auditioned to be in the group. They rehearse after school on Thursdays. They sang “The Dog Days Are Over”, “Son of a Preacher Man”, “Fields of Gold”, “I Want to Hold Your Hand”, and “Hard Day’s Night.” They were choreographed by Marie Delage, Megan Anderson, Chrissy Bruggeman, Lizzy Pouliot,Veronica Kuffel, Maura Swan, Maddie Anderson and Grace Savard.

And the next senior soloist was Jake Hilton singing “Latch.”

After Cantabile was Chamber. Chamber is an audition group of juniors and seniors. They rehearse after school on Wednesday. They sang “You Should Be Dancing”, “Thinking Out Loud”, “Hello”, and “Mony, Mony.” It was choreographed by Mr. Bryce Mahlstedt.

The Senior soloists after chamber Delaney Finn sang “Babygirl”, and then Peter Morawczynski sang “Imagine.”

Next was Men’s Chorus. Men’s Chorus rehearses Wednesday mornings and it is full of men of all ages. You don’t have to be in high school to be a part of this group, you just have to be a guy that wants to sing. They sang “A Monkees Medley”, “With A Little Help”, “We Will Rock You”, “Higher Love”, and “Never Gonna Give You Up”. All of it was choreographed by Jake Hilton.

The next soloists were Mary Boston who sang “Unwritten” and then it was Emily Jacobson singing “Somewhere Only We Know.”

Next was Concert Choir. Concert Choir is a group of juniors and seniors. They rehearse during the day in choir class. They sang “All Over the World”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Viva la Vida”, “Don’t Stop Me Now”, “Beautiful Day”, and “I Will Wait.” It was also choreographed by Mr. Bryce Mahlstedt and assisted by Nate Louiselle, Peter Morawczynski, Kaitlin Murray and Kelli Richardson.

Before the intermission the seniors sang a surprise song. The seniors didn’t tell the directors that they were going to sing. They walked on stage and sang “I Lived.”

After the intermission was Encore. Encore is a non-audition group of girls.

The next soloist was Claire Davis who sang “Remedy.”

After Encore was T-tones and The E-jams.

The next soloist were Tyler Casey singing “Don’t Stop Believing” and then Rachel Hahn singing “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.”

Then it was Company of Singers. Company is an addition show choir group for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. They rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays.

After Company soloist Nate Louiselle singing “The Letter.”

Next is the was the American Revolution. The Combined Choirs sang “Born to Run”, “Born in the U.S.A.”, “Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue”, “Proud To Be An American”, “American Woman”, “Free Bird”, “American Pie”, “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.”, and “Living in America”. The choreographers were Mary Boston, Kyle Nickman, Tyler Casey, Ashley Neske, Delaney Finn, Kelli Richardson, Kaitlin Murray, Nate Louiselle, Claire Davis, Paige Ross, Shelby Sanders, Sandy Strangis, and Peter Morawczynski assisted by Emily Jordan and Carter Djam.