World Youth Day 2016

Maddie Kubic, Contributor

Senior Megan Ray is getting ready to go on a trip of a lifetime! She is going to World Youth Day 2016 in Poland.  World Youth Day is the opportunity for teenagers around the world to come together and listen to the Pope and several other speakers.  The location changes every year for World Youth Day, this year it is in Krakow. “It is a time for prayer and worship with other people my age,” replied Megan.  World Youth Day will take place from July 25th- 31st, 2016.  Megan responded, “On the few days before and after, we will be able to mission work there and tour some different areas of Poland.”  Millions of people will be there including Pope Francis, Priests, Nuns, teenagers and group leaders as well.”  Megan is going to Poland with All Saints Catholic Church, many different parish’s are sending their youth groups to World Youth Day.  Ray has never been to World Youth Day, but she is most looking forward to the  experience, being in Poland and being able to see and listen to Pope Francis! When asked how she is feeling as the trip approaches, Megan said she is, “happy to be able to experience it, anxious and super excited!”  Best of luck to Megan and all of the other students that will be attending World Youth Day 2016!  You will be in our thoughts and prayers!  You can find more information on the official website: http://worldyouthday.com/

The following is the official World Youth Day prayer for 2016:

“God, merciful Father, In your Son, Jesus christ, you have revealed your love and poured it out upon us in the Holy Spirit, the Comforter. We entrust to you today the destiny of the world and of every man and woman. We entrust to you in a special way, young people of every language, people and nation: Guide and protect them as they walk the complex paths of the world today, and give them the grace to reap abundant fruits from their experience of the Krakow World Youth Day. Heavenly Father, grant that we may bear witness to your mercy. Teach us how to convey the faith to those in doubt, hope to those who are discouraged, love to those who feel indifferent, forgiveness to those who have done wrong and joy to those who are unhappy. Allow the spark of merciful love that you have enkindled within us become a fire that can transform hearts and renew the face of the earth.

Mary, Mother of Mercy, pray for us.

Saint John Paul II, pray for us.

Saint Faustina, pray for us.