Totino Grace’s New DECA Advisor

Nick Anderson, Contributor

Mr. Josh Peltier, the new business teacher, is taking over the DECA program, and has ambitious plans to improve its success.

Mr. Peltier said DECA is a club that ties both business and leadership together. It mainly deals with the business side of things, but it isn’t only for people interested in business. Mr. Peltier has no previous experience with DECA, so he is very excited to join the program.

Mr. Peltier said he plans to do a “3 phased approach”. In the fall, he will go over the basics of DECA and other business aspects. In the early winter, he will focus on preparing the DECA participants for competitions. Their competition season will begin in the late winter.

Mr. Peltier has worked in marketing for the past 6 years. He said that his previous job was similar to marketing in DECA and in the classroom. In his previous job, he was only able to market one main product, but in the classroom he can talk about a variety of products.

According to Mr. Peltier, students should join DECA because it is a great way to prepare for a career, whether or not you do business. He said speakers come in to talk, and you will have great experiences in DECA.

When asked what the best part of being the new DECA teacher, Mr Peltier said, “I love the students, I love how the students at TG are so dedicated to learn, and how they strive to learn and do their best.”