Letter from the Editors

September 9, 2016

Dear readers,

Welcome to the Eagle News Network of Totino Grace High School! Our newspaper is run by our Journalism students, and we will be sharing accurate, interesting stories about our school and community. As the editors, we wrote this letter to give you an understanding of who we are as individuals and our hopes for the Eagle News Network this year.

As a returning editor on the Eagle News Network staff for the 2016-17 year, I will be able to take what we created last spring and, with the help of this year’s staff, improve and expand upon it. This year, we will be focusing on creating a more professional display. This includes a better layout, new features making the site more accessible, and an official ENN logo. I am excited to be working with a new staff to bring the student body a better website and new, interesting content! Stay tuned, the ENN site will be better than ever!

As part of the newspaper staff, I want to create stories that are well-written, researched, and entertaining. I’ll be bringing you news regarding what is happening inside and outside of our school by keeping up with local and national news that interests and affects our readers. I hope to inspire you to read more from our other writers. I’ve always had a passion for reading and now my goal is to write and share news stories that my fellow readers will enjoy. Thank you for your interest and for visiting our site!

My most important mission for everyone on the Eagle News Network staff in 2016-17 is to revamp the sports section and to amuse and entertain our weekly readers. We will have schedules on our sports page for our readers to check out the upcoming games and a results column to see how TG sports fared in various sports. Also, there will be a page for standings to show how Totino-Grace’s sports teams compare to other schools around the Twin Cities. We will be adding some humor this year with hilariously drawn cartoons and quirky opinionated articles relating to our school and global community.  I hope you will enjoy the informative and comedic articles from our superb staff at ENN!

My goal for the ENN this year is to provide our readers with relevant, riveting, and accurate news stories relating to our school community. Though we are a small school, our students and staff are very diverse in their interests, talents, and accomplishments. I want the Eagle News Network to celebrate Totino Grace, as well as educate our readers. Our staff is a motivated, fun group of students and I know we will be able to make this newspaper better than ever! I look forward to growing in my passion for journalism, working with our staff, and writing stories for you!