Completing the dynasty

Nick Anderson, Contributor

On Thursday last week, the seniors completed what is possibly the greatest dynasty to ever come through Totino-Grace High School.

Senior Madee Brunn was able to pull off the victory beating freshman Patrick Doran in the musical chairs basketball game at the pepfest. Being the first girl to win the contest, Madee wasn’t worried about that being a factor. “No, I knew that I could beat everyone that signed up, including all the boys.”

Madee said she was a bit hesitant about signing up. “Originally I didn’t want to sign up up until the last hour of the day when Mrs. Glynn talked me into signing up to do it. Looking back, I’m really happy that she had talked me into doing it.”

Some students were surprised to see Madee win it all. Madee said, “Because I play basketball I knew that I had a good chance of winning, I was just thankful that my nerves didn’t take over.”

Madee had some tips for next years classes. “Get out of your comfort zone because in the end it will pay off!”

Senior Nolan Neilson was the other senior participant. Some students thought he would have the best chance to win. He was able to make it to the final 3 before ultimately being eliminated.

The musical chairs basketball game will go down in history for the seniors. Starting from Jake Elwell sinking the shot freshman year and storming the court, to Madee Brunn completing the 4 year dynasty.