Homecoming Court

Brooke Fleming, Contributor

Homecoming is an exciting time of the year at Totino-Grace High School, between the pep-fest, spirit days, sports games and the homecoming royalty. The homecoming court is a time for students to recognize fellow classmates who represent their grades well.

Students are able to nominate one male and one female representative from their grade to be nominated into the homecoming court. The first round allows for multiple nominations and from there a list is formed that allows for final votes to continue on to the final round. The seniors have ten finalists and every other grade has six finalists. All 28 students dress up and pick a partner in their grade to walk with.

The week of homecoming we have a ceremony where all nominees walk the aisle in front of the school and receive a rose. This rose indicates whether they are the queen or king or not. Each grade crowns one king and one queen by the end of the ceremony. The nominees gave their thoughts on being nominated and what they are most and least excited for.

Meet your senior homecoming royalty:

Processed with MOLDIV

I think it’ll be fun, and it’s for sure an iconic high school event” – Ben Kroll.

I feel good about representing our class” – Megan Kern.

It is something I honestly never thought I would get nominated for” Mary Kittridge.

I am most excited for the experience and least excited for nothing”  – Juliana Eisch.

Meet your junior homecoming royalty:

Processed with MOLDIV

“Most excited to possibly get the red rose” – Lindsay Mayo.

“I feel great, but a little nervous” – Anthony Dehn.

Meet your sophomore homecoming royalty:

Processed with MOLDIV

“I’m least excited to be in front of the whole school, I honestly didn’t think I would get in, but i feel happy” – Cali Fuerstenberg.

Being nominated has been a goal of mine since I learned about homecoming back in 6th grade” – Parker Jaeger 

“Kinda pumped, most excited for getting a boutonniere” – Thomas DeLapp

“Most excited for buying a new dress” – Anna Lindstrom  

“I’m excited but nervous about being nominated. I’m least excited to walk in front of the whole school and I’m most excited to represent my class” – Margaret Blaska

“I am most excited to see all my friends in the crowd” – Chad Fox

Meet your freshman homecoming royalty:

Processed with MOLDIV

“I feel pretty great about being nominated” – Mimi Arnold

Excited to maybe win it all, scared to not win” – Matthew Pettijohn

“It’s neat that I get to represent my class” – Emily Lafeber

“I’m excited to be able to participate in a fun week!” – Wolfe Glaeser