Great Eateries around TG

Jacob Elwell, Sports Editor

There are many great places to eat in Minnesota, there’s no question about that. But what about around Totino-Grace High School. There are also many great eateries around the Fridley area that students may want to try out.

Cowboy Jack’s

Cowboy Jack’s is located right off of Silver Lake Road in New Brighton. They have tremendous food and a Texas style atmosphere that everybody loves. “I enjoy eating at Cowboy Jack’s because of their cheap burger specials on Tuesday nights,” said Nathan Kavolak.

I enjoy eating at Cowboy Jack’s because of their cheap burger specials on Tuesday nights

— Nathan Kavolak

Cowboy Jack’s offers $2 half pound burgers from 5-10 PM on Tuesday’s. They also offer a great deal of appetizers. The “sloppy tots” are always a good option, as well as the “country nachos”, which are topped with cheese, jalapenos, scallions, black olives, pico de gallo, sour cream, and salsa.

The scenery is also nothing less than superior. A very nice interior bar area setup along with a very nice outdoor patio and large TV’s. They also have an electronic bull that people may ride. It’s also fun to watch people go on it because they often fly off and it’s really entertaining! This is definitely the place to be if you’re looking for good food with a quality atmosphere.

La Casita

La Casita is another strong recommendation. It is located off of Central Ave in Fridley. It’s a wide open restaurant with many places to sit. They have excellent Mexican food as well as service.

Perhaps the most tasty thing on the menu are their famous enchiladas. You can get either beef, cheese, or chicken enchiladas. All of them are tasty, and they come with your choice of refried or black beans and rice. The enchiladas are covered in a delicious “tomatillo” sauce that make the taste much better.

They also have a great dessert menu, and who doesn’t like dessert. Fried ice cream is a great choice. It’s topped with whip cream and caramel sauce. Another good dessert option is the sopapillas, which are little pieces of fried dough sauced in cinnamon and sugar topped with honey and whipped cream. It is by far the best Mexican restaurant around.

Big Marina

img_2016If you like many different kinds of food, you should try Big Marina. It’s located off of Central Ave in Columbia Heights. They have different types of food such as Mediterranean, Greek, and American.

If you are very hungry, they have a large buffet that has food from salmon to gyros to wonderful desserts. They also have a gyro basket or cheeseburger basket that both come with fries and a drink for only $5.99.

The atmosphere is unique, and the interior design of the place is very nice. There are very nice tables and the buffet stand is always clean and sanitary, not to mention the food which is outstanding.

Even if you aren’t a fan of Greek or Mediterranean food. The service is great and the people there work hard to make sure you enjoy your experience. Come to Big Marina on an empty stomach and try out the buffet!

GB Leighton’s Pickle Park

GB Leighton’s Pickle Park is another good place to go near Totino-Grace. It is located off of University Avenue in Fridley.

They offer great specials like $5 dollar burger baskets on Monday nights. The food is good for the low price you pay. It’s a classy bar and grill with TV’s and great priced food. The service is great and the food comes out surprisingly quick compared to other restaurants.

If you are looking to save some money and don’t feel like cooking that night, come to GB Leighton’s on Monday to get cheap burger baskets that will sooth your taste buds!

There are many more restaurants near TG. Here are a few with their locations.

Crooners Lounge and Supper Club: Off of highway 65 next to Lifetime Fitness in Fridley

Shortstop: East Moore Lake Dr. in Fridley

Adagio’s Pizza Factory: Silver Lake Rd. in New Brighton

Ricky’s Embers: Central Ave. in Fridley