Our New and Improved Yearbook

Taylor O'Connor, Editor

“It’s a day to create a vision for our yearbook this year,” said yearbook adviser Ms. Lisa Umland about the yearbook workshop on September 20th. This year, the editors will be sent for an all day event with the Jostens company, which supplies our yearbooks, at their headquarters in Edina .

The editors and select members of the staff will be working with experts in order to learn creative, new techniques to implement in the yearbook layout this year. Ms. Umland believes this will be a great learning experience for our editors as well as herself.  

Overall, it’s just a great way to experience different activities you aren’t involved in close up and to capture moments people want to remember.

— Mary Kittridge

Editor Mary Kittridge said, “We just hope to convey all the information given to us, to the kids in yearbook.” She believes that every person plays an important role and she wants to bring something new to the table for the yearbook. She said that this workshop will provide her with new, creative ideas.

Mary’s main focus is page layout and better titles for photos.  Her main goal is to grab our students’ attention to actually read their yearbook instead of glancing through it.

“Being on the field and taking pictures for a football game or powder puff is a lot of fun. Capturing the moment when our class storms the court at homecoming when we definitely aren’t supposed to and being able to give people a snapshot of that moment is really cool to me. Overall, it’s just a great way to experience different activities you aren’t involved in close up and to capture moments people want to remember.”  

The other editor, Shannon Murphy,  experiences all of these moments in a unique way that she wants to share with our school and finding better ways to do so. She wants this workshop to help develop their theme for the book and designer templates, specifically incorporating the 50th year of TG into our yearbook somehow.

“I hope that this year we can represent the school year as completely and truly as possible. We want to showcase the events and people without distracting with some messy layout or spelling error.”

We look forward to seeing how our yearbook team does, come the end of the year.